Status Debit Card
IF YOUR DEBIT CARD HAS BEEN LOST OR STOLEN, IF YOU HAVE GIVEN OUT YOUR CARD OR PIN NUMBERS OR IF YOU FEEL YOUR DEBIT CARD INFORMATION HAS BEEN COMPROMISED, PLEASE CALL 269-679-5291 DURING BUSINESS HOURS OR 1-800-523-4175 DURING NON-BUSINESS HOURS TO CLOSE YOUR CARD IMMEDIATELY.
Unfortunately, fraud is on the rise. Tough economic times historically lead to an increase in fraudulent activity. Kalamazoo County State Bank takes your account security and privacy very seriously but there are also things you can do to help protect your account and catch any fraudulent activity.
Protect your Personal Identification Number (PIN):
- Never write down your PIN. Memorize it as soon as you get it.
- Do not disclose your PIN to anyone. No one from any financial institution, the police, or a merchant should ever ask you for your PIN.
- At an ATM or PIN pad, enter your PIN discreetly, shielding the keypad with your hand or body.
Protect your Personal Information:
- Beware of phishing emails. These are emails that appear to be from the bank or an online merchant asking for account information. Do not reply to them or click on any links. The bank or any other legitimate online merchant will not ask for your PIN or other personal financial information via email.
- Beware of fraudulent automated phone calls and text messages asking for debit card and PIN number information.
- Kalamazoo County State Bank will NEVER contact you by phone, email, text, or any other means requesting ATM/debit card numbers and/or PIN numbers. THESE ARE SCAMS; DO NOT RESPOND TO THESE TYPES OF CALLS OR TEXT MESSAGES AND NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY TO REPORT THE FRAUDULENT INQUIRY.
Legitimate phone call from KCSB for debit card transaction review:
- Debit card transactions are monitored and if something is deemed unusual or questionable, you will be contacted for verification.
- A member of the Fraud and Risk Management team will call the phone number associated with your account and identify himself/herself as a representative of the bank calling from the transaction review department (this may be an automated call).
- The representative will ask you to verify whether the debit card transactions are legitimate. Please let the representative know whether or not the transactions were made by or authorized by you.
- Please note that our representatives will NOT ask for your PIN number, card number, etc. They WILL ask for your name and phone number if you are returning their call.
- If someone identifying themselves as a representative of KCSB asks you for any other type of secure information, DO NOT provide any details and call KCSB to report the fraudulent inquiry.
Fraud and Risk Management Callback Numbers:
Hours for Fraud and Risk Management Calls:
- Monday – Friday: 7 am – 9 pm
- Saturday: 8 am – 9 pm
- Sunday: 9 am – 9 pm
KCSB is committed to providing the most protection for our account holders. Please contact us at 269-679-5291 with any questions or concerns you may have.