Meet Deanna Gerow. If she hasn’t captured your photo with her camera, she’ll definitely capture your heart with her kindness.
Deanna began her banking career at KCSB in 2016 as a Teller and progressed to a Personal Banker and most recently promoted to Branch Manager of the Schoolcraft branch office.
A native of Schoolcraft, Deanna graduated from the Schoolcraft High School and earned her Associates degree in Arts from Kalamazoo Valley Community College.
“My career started as a photographer for a couple of local portrait studios and then I chose to be a stay-at-home mom to my three children, Clayton – 19, Brennan – 16, and Irelyn – 14,” said Deanna.
“I worked as an insurance producer for a few years before settling in at KCSB in 2016. Beginning as a Teller, I learned the essentials of the banking industry, which I have used during my time as a Personal Banker and now to instruct our new hires as the Branch Manager of the Schoolcraft branch office.”
Deanna has a way of providing personal service to her customers and fellow employees, delivered with the kindness that is inherent in everything she does. You know it when you meet with her, for sure!
“I was fortunate enough to receive the honor of the Ken Krum Employee of The Year Award in 2019,” said Deanna. “I love getting to know our customers and being a part of our community bank. My experience has been amazing, the people here are like a second family.”
As you can imagine, family is everything to Deanna. When she is not helping her customers and fellow employees at KCSB, her devotion is to her family. And when she does take time away from work and family – you will find her with a camera in hand!
“My spare time is usually filled with my family,” explains Deanna. “I get to eat lunch every day with my parents and my two youngest children followed by a romp around the back yard with their puppy, Willow. Saturdays are busy shopping with my mom and Sundays are spent at home with my husband of 23 years, Jeffery.”
Definitely a proud mom. “I can’t wait until the fall, my favorite time of year, when I will hopefully get the privilege of cheering my son on in Varsity football and watching my daughter ride horses.”
Here are few other fun things to know about Deanna!
- Pastime: My passion is photography!! Wedding, senior pictures, nature, anything and everything!
- Hobbies: Dancing and singing
- Food: Potatoes (prepared any which way)
- Holiday: Christmas (There is nothing better than giving)
- Playlist: Ne-yo, Rihanna, Post Malone
- Role Model: Mom (She has taught me that love is giving of yourself to make others happy. There isn’t anything she wouldn’t do for her children and grandchildren.)
- Daring: Snorkeling in Cancun for Honeymoon (panicked and lost the snorkel about a minute in 🙂
- TV show: Grey’s Anatomy, So You Think You Can Dance, Vampire Diaries
- Quote: Quotes from any Jim Carrey movie i.e., We got no food, we got no jobs…our pet’s heads are falling off!
- Family: Husband Jeffery (electrician, hunter, brewer and grill master), son Clayton (Aspiring Diesel Mechanic, hunter, a big ole teddy bear and Cancer survivor!), son Brennan (PS gamer, weight lifter, football player, smart aleck) and daughter Irelyn (my dance partner, duet singer and biggest helper, lover of animals, especially horses and her pup Willow!) I’m Incredibly proud of all of them!!