If you have ever worked with Kevin Hughes, you know this man loves fishing and the great outdoors! You will also know that Kevin is a mortgage expert! These two passions keep Kevin very busy.
Kevin is Vice President, Head of Residential Lending. He joined Kalamazoo County State Bank in 2013 as Assistant Vice President, Loan Department, with primary responsibility in mortgage lending. He was promoted to head the Residential Loan Department in 2014 and promoted to Vice President in 2015.
With more than 30 years of lending expertise, Kevin’s experience includes owning a mortgage service company and working for G.W. Jones Exchange Bank as the Branch Manager in their Edwardsburg office.
Active in the community, Kevin participates in the Salvation Army, Relay for Life and Schoolcraft Community Schools. Kevin was the 2014 LM Angell Directors Award recipient, given to an employee who demonstrates outstanding job performance and community volunteerism.
Kevin and his wife Chris have two Golden Retrievers, 2-year-old Bella and 6-month-old Remmi. Together they enjoy being outdoors, especially camping, fishing, hunting and raising and training Golden Retrievers.
Here are few other fun things about Kevin!
- What is your favorite pastime? Improving homestead – house, garden, landscape.
- What are your hobbies? Fishing.
- What is your favorite food? Pan fried Walleye.
- What is your favorite holiday, and why? Christmas, as long as there is snow.
- What is on your favorite playlist? St. Paul & the Broken Bones.
- Current books you are interested in? History: WWI & WWII.
- Who is your role model and why? My Grandfather – taught me to relax and enjoy things.
- What’s the most daring thing you ever did? Bungee Jumped.
- TV show you can’t miss? Michigan Outdoors.
- Favorite quote? Serenity – In the race to be better or best, do not miss the joy of being.
- Anything else? Enjoy the outdoors when the temperature is between 72 and -20!