Kalamazoo County State Bank (KCSB) Respects Each Customer’s Right to Privacy. Following are our Principals of Privacy and PrivacyPolicy.
It is and shall remain the policy of Kalamazoo County State Bank (the bank) to protect a consumer’s nonpublic personal information and all personally identifiable financial information in accordance with Regulation P and the Fair Credit Report Act.
This information specifically includes any list, description, or other grouping of consumers (and publicly available information pertaining to them) that is derived using any personally identifiable financial information that is not publicly available.
Additionally, the bank will protect any information:
- the consumer provides to obtain a financial product or service;
- of a consumer resulting from any transaction involving a financial product or service between the bank and a consumer; or
- the bank otherwise obtains about a consumer in connection with providing a financial product or service to that consumer.
The bank shall provide a clear and conspicuous notice that accurately reflects the privacy policies and practices as they relate to:
- the bank’s customers; and
- consumers who may inquire or apply for the bank’s services but do not become customers.
The Privacy Notice shall be given to the individual when that individual enters into a continuing relationship with the Bank and then once annually during the customer relationship.
The Privacy notice shall inform the customer of the following information:
- The categories of nonpublic personal information that the Bank collects;
- The categories of nonpublic personal information that the Bank discloses;
- The categories of affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties to whom the Bank discloses nonpublic personal information;
- The categories of nonpublic personal information about the Bank’s former customers that the Bank discloses and the categories of affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties to whom the Bank discloses nonpublic personal information about the Bank’s former customers;
- An explanation of the consumer’s right to opt out of the disclosure of nonpublic personal information to nonaffiliated third parties and the ability to opt out of disclosures of information among affiliates;
- The Bank’s policies and practices with respect to protecting the confidentiality and security of nonpublic personal information;
- option to the opt out requirements