REG E Statement
The Kalamazoo County State Bank (KCSB) provides you with this notice to inform you of your RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES when making electronic funds transfers.
Indicated below are types of Electronic Fund Transfers we are capable of handling, some of which may not apply to your account. Please read this disclosure carefully because it tells you your rights and obligations for the transactions listed. You may want to bookmark this notice for future reference.
This Agreement and disclosure is made in compliance with federal law regulating electronic funds transfer (EFT) services.  Electronic funds transfers are electronically initiated transfers of money involving a deposit account at the Financial Institution.  The following disclosures set forth your and our rights and responsibilities concerning the electronic funds transfers. In this agreement, the words “you” and “your” mean those who sign as applicants or any authorized user(s).  The words “we”, “us” and “our” mean the Financial Institution.  You should keep this notice for future reference.
A. Preauthorized Transfers.
• You may authorize a third party to initiate electronic fund transfers between your account and a third parties account.
• These services include direct deposits and preauthorized debits.
• These transfers between your account and the third party’s account may be one-time occurrences or may recur as directed by you.
• These transfers may use the Automated Clearing House (ACH) or other payment networks.
• Preauthorized deposits or withdrawals may be accepted into your checking or savings accounts.
• In all cases, the third party will request your account number and financial institution information found on your check or withdrawal slip.  You should only provide this information (whether in-person, over the phone, the internet, via some other method) to trusted third parties whom you have authorized to initiate these electronic fund transfers.
• Electronic Check/Draft Conversion (E-Checks)
Your check or draft can result in an electronic funds transfer.  This can happen in several ways.  For example, when purchasing goods or paying for services you may authorize a merchant or service provider (at the point of purchase) to convert your check into an electronic funds transfer.  At the same time, you may be asked to authorize the merchant or service provider to electronically collect a charge in the event the check is returned for insufficient funds.  Paying such a fee electronically is also an electronic funds transfer. Your authorization to make these types of electronic funds transfers may be expressed in writing or implied through the posting of a sign.  You should keep the receipt you receive for this transfer for your account records.  We (the financial institution) allow electronic check transactions to post to your account.
B. Audio Response Services. You may access your accounts by using a touch-tone phone, a separate personal identification number (PIN) and your account number in our KCSBank by Phone system.  At the present time you may use the system to:
• inquire on account balances
• transfer funds between your deposit accounts
–         There is no limit on the dollar amount of any transfer of the funds in your deposit account.
–    We do not charge for KCSBank by Phone services.
• get your tax information on interest earned or paid on your accounts
• determine if a particular check has cleared your account.
• receive a faxed copy of current deposit account information, obtain information  on ACH, ATM, Automatic Payments, etc. that have posted to your account, and change your PIN number. In addition you can obtain balances and maturity dates on your Certificates of Deposit .
C. Card Services. You may use your card and Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access your accounts in the following manners:
• ATM Transactions – You may  access your account(s) by ATM using your ATM card and personal identification number or MasterMoney™ card and personal identification number, to:
• make deposits to checking or savings account(s)
• get cash withdrawals from checking or savings account(s)
• the daily dollar limit will be disclosed in writing at account opening
• there is a charge of $1.50 per withdrawal at ATMs we do not own or operate
• transfer funds between accounts (checking and/or savings account(s)  
- there is a charge of $1.50 per transfer at ATMs we do not own or operate  
- there is a charge of $.50 per inquiry at ATMs we do not own or operate
• get information about the account balance of your checking or savings account
Some of these services may not be available at all terminals.
• POS (Point of Sale) Transactions
• ATM Card Point-of-Sale Transactions – You may access your primary checking account(s) to purchase goods as a PIN based transaction from a participating merchant who displays the STAR logo.
– The daily dollar limit will be disclosed in writing at account opening.
MasterMoney Card Point-of-Sale Transactions – You may access your primary checking account(s) to purchase goods and pay for services in person or by phone, get cash from a merchant, if the merchant permits, on the internet, or from a participating financial institution.
– Your MasterMoney™ card dollar limit will be disclosed at card issuance.
• Your Option to Limit Cash Withdrawals – In addition to dollar amount limitations for  withdrawals using your ATM card and MasterMoney™ card and/or code that we may establish, you have the option to limit the amount of cash that can be withdrawn by your ATM card and MasterMoney™ card and/or code to $50.00 per day or some other amount acceptable to us.
• Minimum account balance –We do not require you to maintain a minimum balance in any account as a condition of using an access device (card or code) to accomplish a transfer
• Fees
– We do not charge for direct deposits to any type of account.  
- We charge $5.00 to replace a lost or stolen ATM or MasterMoney™  card.
- Except as indicated elsewhere, we do not charge for these electronic fund transfers.
• ATM Operator/Network Fees. When you use an ATM not owned by us, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer).
• MasterCard CROSS BORDER AND CURRENCY CONVERSION Fees: Effective 09/01/2007
–  Part of the MasterCard currency conversion procedure includes use of either a government-mandated exchange rate, or a wholesale exchange rate selected by MasterCard, and the government-mandated exchange rate or wholesale exchange rate MasterCard uses for a particular transaction is the rate MasterCard selects for the applicable currency on the day the transaction is processed, which may differ from the that applicable to the date the transaction occurred or when it is posted to the cardholders account.
See Fee Schedule for Cross-border Assessment fee and Currency Conversion Assessment fee.
D. Federal regulation limits preauthorized, automatic or telephone transfers (either by calling the bank or by KCSBank by Phone), in any combination, from your savings account or Insured Money Market account to no more than six (6) per month.
Terminal transfer. You can get a receipt at the time you make any transfer to or from your account using one of our automated teller machines or point-of-sale terminals.
Preauthorized credits. If you have arranged to have direct deposits made to your account at least once every 60 days from the same person or company you can call us at (269) 679-5291 to find out whether or not the deposit has been made.
Periodic statements. You will get a monthly account statement from us for your statement savings, checking, NOW and Money Market Fund accounts.  For passbook accounts, if the only possible electronic transfers to or from your account are preauthorized credits, we do not send periodic statements.  You may bring your passbook to us and we will record any electronic deposits that were made since the last time you brought in your passbook.
You may access your account(s) by computer at and using your account number(s), Access Identification Code (Access ID) and Passcode you may use the internet to:
• Transfer funds from checking or savings to checking or savings
• Make payments from checking or savings to loan accounts with us
• Make payments from checking to pay bills
• Get account information for your checking, savings, Christmas club, certificate of deposit and individual retirement accounts
• Get loan and Ready Reserve information
Right to stop payment and procedure for doing so.  If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments. Call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this disclosure in time for us to receive your request 3 business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made.  If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call.  We will charge you $29.00 for each stop-payment order.
Notice of varying amounts. If these regular payments may vary in amount, the person you are going to pay will tell you, 10 days before each payment, when it will be made and how much it will be (you may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set).
Liability for failure to stop payment of preauthorized transfer.  If you order us to stop one of these payments 3 business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
Liability for failure to make transfers. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
(1)  If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
(2)  If you have an overdraft line and the transfer would go over the credit limit.
(3)  If the automated teller machine where you are making the transfer does not have enough cash.
(4)  If the terminal or system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
(5)  If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
(6)  There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
(1)  where it is necessary for completing transfers; or  
(2)  in order to verify the existence and condition of your account for  a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or  
(3)  in order to comply with government agency or court orders; or  
(4)    as explained in the separate Privacy Disclosure.
If you believe that any provision of the Michigan Electronic Funds Transfer Act has been violated you should notify:
The Department of Consumer and Industry Services
                        Michigan Financial Institutions Bureau
                        P O Box 30224
                        Lansing, MI   48909

                        500 West Monroe Street, Suite 3600
                        Chicago, Il 60661
(a) Consumer liability.
• Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your card, ATM pin or KCSBank by Phone (audio response) pin has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you believe your card and/or pin has been lost or stolen, and you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card and/or pin without your permission.
If you do not tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or pin, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card/pin without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay)  kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
• Additional Limits on Liability for MasterMoney™ card, when used for point-of-sale transactions. You will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions using your MasterMoney™ card, when used for point-of-sale transactions, if:
(i) you can demonstrate that you have exercised reasonable care in safeguarding your card from the risk of loss or theft,
(ii) you have not reported to us two or more incidents of unauthorized use within the prior twelve-month period, and
(iii) your account is in good standing. If any of these conditions are not met, your liability is the lesser of $50 or the amount of money, property, labor, or services obtained by the unauthorized use before notification to us. “Unauthorized use” means the use of your debit card by a person, other than you, who does not have actual, implied, or apparent authority for such use, and from which you receive no benefit. This additional limitation on liability does not apply to ATM transactions or PIN-based transactions not processed by MasterCardä.   

MasterCard ™ is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
(b) Contact in event of unauthorized transfer. If you believe your card and/or pin has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this disclosure.
In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transfers, Call or Write us at the telephone number or address listed in this disclosure, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
(1)  Tell us your name and account number (if any).
     (2)  Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly
            as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
     (3)  Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, a point-of- sale transaction, or a foreign-initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. Your account is considered a new account for the first 30 days after the first deposit is made, unless each of you already has an established account with us before this account is opened. We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation.
You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation at:
Operations Department
223 N Grand
PO BOX 668 
Schoolcraft, MI  49087

Business Days: Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
                                       (holidays are not included)
Phone (269) 679-5291
PLEASE CALL 1 (800) 523-4175.
Back To Top
At Kalamazoo County State Bank, your business is very important to us and we do our best to meet your changing banking needs. If at any time we can help you further, please contact us.